Monday, March 22, 2010

Mar 19 - 22

March 19-22

Friday nights play, "The Love List" turned out to be great. We liked it probably the best of the 3 we've seen.

Sat after VB Sheila went out shopping again and when she returned I finally got to go on the roof to do the caulking for the minor water leak that developed. I'm pretty sure I found & resealed the spot. It was at the top left rear courner. I have also added sealer to both rear courners top to bottom & around the rear window. I put a lot of sealing goop in & around the top courner, so now we wait for a rain storm & find out if I got all the spots. We BBQ'd supper & ate outside in the nice weather. It has often been warm enough to eat outside but until DST kicked in it always was getting dark too early. We are off to the dance with Rockin' Rhonda. We were late getting there & it's a good thing we had seats saved by Gerry & Sheila as it was jambed full. Rhonda's group comprises a fantastic keyboard player, drummer, bass guitar & Rhonda plays guitar. They had the dance floor full doing the twist and good ol' rock & roll as well as several line dance numbers.

Sun after VB we went out to the KFC buffet for lunch. For $7.79 (seniors price) you have a choice of 3 kinds of chicken, grilled, original & crispy plus a lasagna, another pasta dish, vegetables, mashed potatoes with 2 kinds of gravy, salad stuff & dessert of apple cobbler, vanilla pudding, various fruits, canned & fresh it also included your drink from the self serve fountain. After that we drove down to Temecula Old Town where the Blue Grass festival was on. They had groups playing on the streets plus a main stage set up which had chairs on grass so we sat there, all free. They also had groups playing in the theatre - A/C & with nice seats. Sheila saw one group advertised that she wanted to see so she paid $5.00 to go in. She talked me into joining her later & I did but I thought the outdoor free groups were just as good as the indoor ones. We found Gerry & Sheila at the free stage. We got there about 3PM & after it all ended at 6PM we all went back to the Souplantation for a late supper.

It's Monday, our last VB day, we said good by, see you next year to everyone. Neva, a 6 month resident took several people's emails so she could keep people updated on happenings here. Next is packing to head out early Tues to store the RV & drive to the airport. We will take the laptop so if I find WiFi I may be able to post to the blog before we return, if not I will be able to add stuff for a massive trip report blog upon return. I played in the Monday crib tourny while Sheila packed & watched dancing with the stars. I won top prise again but due to only 8 people there I only won $3, (of which $1 was entrance fee), once I won $6.00. It's now 11PM & Sheila is almost finished packing, she didn't want me to pack as she dosen't like they way I pack. It's taken a lot of practice to reach this point!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment