Saturday, January 12, 2013


Jan 12 day 3 clear, sunny cold!

 

I had a bad night, stomach cramps & I had to take some Pepto Bismal, so didn’t get much restful sleep.  We managed to blow a circuit breaker at night so the electric heaters weren’t working, furnace was though.  I flipped the breaker when I found them and all is OK.  Due to my restless night I don’t feel too energetic so we couldn’t get organized for an early getaway, so we will head for the Elks Lodge in Kelso WA.  It is cold enough that I want power to run heaters and furnace long term.  It will be OK once we are on the coast as it is about 10 degrees “warmer”, lows in the mid 30’s F rather than several degrees below freezing.  We left Camping World @ 154653 @ 11:45 am.  Sheila drove while I lay down on the couch. Lunch stop around exit 94 @ 154871 in @ 2:10, out 3:10.  I drove the last hour.  We arrived Kelso Elks 4:15 @ 154960.   I took a nap & Sheila went into the lodge to pay.  She also hooked up the power, cable vision, and put the windshield cover on.  Feeling proud of herself, she then went into the lodge for a drink, ($4.00).  She says that they are extremely generous with the shots of alcohol—she was able to turn one drink into two by asking for extra mixer.  When she returned, she made us a light supper.  I am feeling better but not yet in top form.

 

Travelled 307 km – 190 mi,  Sheila drove almost 2½ hours

No comments:

Post a Comment