Friday, January 25, 2013


Jan 21 Day 12 clear, sunny, warm to hot.

It’s R&R time. I went over to the office and got my free coffee and 2 donuts, (one for Sheila).  After a leisurely slow morning we took the car up to their washing area and cleaned it.  Then Sheila went out to find a finger nail place and get groceries while I did some odd jobs and general cleanup.  There is a recommended restaurant nearby that has a complete 16 oz T-bone steak dinner for $13.79; the 12 ounce rib eye is $13.99, 20 cents more for 4 oz less! We went for supper but I didn’t want to run amok and spend almost $14.00 for the 16 oz steak so I went for the Deep Dip Dinner, slow cooked deep pit(?) shredded beef with baked potato and, get this, fried cabbage.  I asked, and it, (the cabbage) is fried up with bacon and is delicious, all of this for $8.49!  Sheila splurged & had the Tri Tip Platter for $8.99.  At the prices down here I wonder why we pack any food at all in the RV.  Back home to watch Bones, Castle etc.

1 comment:

  1. Well, some of the T-bone steak's weight is the bone... =P

    ReplyDelete