Sunday, January 25, 2015

Thurs Jan 22 Day 12




Today we are moving down the line to a bigger spot.  I pulled in the slides and pushed the button to retract the levelling legs but they didn’t come fully up.  They were high enough to drive the hundred feet to our new spot and park.  In talking to Les & Kevin, (Les’s friend from Aldergrove), they said that some silicon spray on the legs would help. They just happened to be going to Wal-Mart down in Brawley, (about 40 minutes away), so I asked them to see if they could get a can of silicon spray.  Once settled in our new spot we had breakfast & then went down for the noon volleyball.  The “hot shots” were away playing in a tournament somewhere so it was a much smaller crowd, only 5 & 6 a side.  Both Sheila & I much preferred it to the usual 12 a side as you get more opportunities to hit the ball.  Despite the fact it was windy again today—it was great fun!    Afterwards, we sat in the hot tub and checked out the second pool which is a salt water pool.  Sheila said it was really easy to float in.  After sunning a bit I went into the RV Parks internet room and got one of their computers.  I was able to get onto gmail after a lot of fiddling around and got onto Sheila’s email but without my computer to load Sheila’s letter to Adeline, (from my Word file), I couldn’t send anything.  I was also able, (surprise to me), to get onto Mbanx so I could check my accounts. Then about 4 PM I went over to Freddy’s Café to save a table for Pizza & Karaoke Night and to try to get on the internet with my computer – no luck.  The pizza was an 8 inch 4 topping one, and really, really good, plus you got a salad & refillable drinks for $7.50.  It was a fun evening that went from 4:30ish to 7PM.  A lot of the singers were really good, better than the ones at TNT. (Tuesday Night Talent) and seemed to have professional or music backgrounds. Back at the RV we started the Gen & watched a Carol Burnett show from our CD collection. Before beginning out usual ‘chores’—blog, expenses, activity records, & the day’s dishes, if we left any.

PS I've been trying for days to load some more pictures but it just won't happen.  It takes so long the WiFi just closes itself out.It does say in the WIFi instructions that the system is not meant for downloading movies  and large picture files, the file I was trying to upload of our rig at Orange Grove RV Park says it is 5.24 MB,is that a large file? It's only one picture.  You may have to wait until we are at GVP before I can send pictures on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment