Friday, February 25, 2011

Feb 21 Mon

Feb 21 Mon Day 35 mostly clear, some cloud, coolish but sunny

Another good day for W.VB., split to 2 pools again. After hot tub time, seeing as it is Yvonne’s next to last day before she has to pull out Wed morning, we decided to do a lunch together with Larry& Judy. We got a room in the clubhouse, (it’s hard to seat 5 people for meals in the RV). We decided to get Chinese food from Mr Yu so I went up & got 3 dinners of chow mien with 2 entrĂ©e’s each, total $18.46, we even had leftover’s. Eating out & food in general is cheap here. The one anomaly I have found are soft drinks. At home a case of a dozen is about $3.50, here a dozen is around $4.50. After a great lunch the 5 of us played Jokers & Pegs, then Larry & Judy taught us 7 card peanuckle, I had trouble following it & keeping track--I think I will stick to bridge & the other games I already know. And yes, I know the name of the game isn’t spelled peanuckle but it pronounces that way and the correct spelling doesn’t look anything like how it pronounces. Back at the RV it’s time to get ready for cribbage night and to set up & record our Mon night TV shows. Gas prices are on the rise, in Hemet. When we first arrived, a US gallon was around $3.21, today it has gone to $3.40 & that’s at the cheaper stations, that’s climbing to over 90 cents a litre CDN $ equivalent. At crib I won 4 out of 5 games, a game is 121, but on one game I only got an 83 and was out of the money, Sheila won $4.00 coming in third. She also won 4 out of her 5 games, but did better on her non-winning hand, than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment