Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sat Feb 5 - into Hemet & Golden Village Palms

Feb 5 Sat Day 19 sunny and warming up fast, forecast to go into the 70’s (23/24C)

We have a lazy start to the day as we don’t have far to go. Out Murrieta Wal-Mart @ 136464 @ 11:00 then a stop at WinCo foods in Hemet at 11:40 @ 136497. We unhook the car as we are only 2 blocks from GVP and Sheila goes in to shop while I drive the RV to fill up the propane tank so we can check in with a full tank & not have to un-hook water, power etc then re-hook up just to pull out to get propane. I pull into GVP to check in at 12:00@ 136499. Larry & Judy are here, and there is an extra water volley ball game scheduled for 1:30. A quick bit of lunch & we are there, playing till 3 pm. On route to the pool someone has put out a bunch of lemons & some oranges from the RV park trees as a “help yourself” deal. After W.VB, (from now on W.VB means water volley ball), we sit in the hot tub before going back to the RV to change before going out to supper with Larry & Judy. We went to the Steer & Stein and I had the 1 pound “Super Stock” steak with baked potato, garlic bread & a large salad, all for $15.00. Sheila made me share some of my steak cuz she’d weighed herself just before dinner & decided she’d better not have a large dinner, so she just ordered soup and a zucchini sticks appetizer. Her appetizer was served in a 6 in. skillet which was heaped high, (8 in.) with battered sticks. They were almost a meal! Then I had the blackberry cobbler for dessert which Sheila kindly helped me with, After dinner, Sheila & I walked back to GVP, only about 2 blocks, .4 mile, we met up with Larry & Judy again and had an enjoyable evening playing bridge. Sheila & Judy beat Larry & I two rubbers to one. Back at the RV I added up how much gas I had put in to get to Hemet, (via San Diego), and it came to around $550.00 as I had to estimate a bit because there was about ¾ of a tank in when we left home.

No comments:

Post a Comment