Saturday, January 26, 2019

Day 12 Jan 25 Friday



I got up to clear blue sky & sunshine, still cool in the mornings, (54 F at 9:15), but it warms up fast and is forecast to be over 70 F, usually around noonish.   Actual temps were 62 F at 10:00, 72 F @ 12:30.  After our usual morning W.V.B. we had lunch at the RV.  Then Sheila went up for the 1 pm W.V.B. game while I went out to check on tonight entertainment etc. at the Elks. I got a cpl grocery items on route home. Then went up to watch the PM WVB game till it was time for this Friday’s Wine & Cheese Welcome get together which was held in the sun on the patio by the pool Because one of the RV groups had reserved the ballroom.  We met up & sat with Larry & Judy.  After that ended, we came back home to get changed for tonight’s dinner/dance at the Elks.  Got there about 5:15 and got the menu to order and saw one thing that I had to ask the waitress about:  a 6 ounce Flat Iron Steak was $13.00, a 16 ounce bone in steak was $15.00.  According to the waitress, (and Sheila), the Flat Iron Steak is more flavourful and is more tender but the waitress thought the 16 ounce steak was a better deal, I did too so I had that, (it came with baked potato, green beans, butter & sour cream).  I actually had to get a doggie bag for a small portion of it & that was after giving Sheila a small slice.  Sheila had the $10.00 ‘petite filet’ steak but wasn’t impressed with it because it was over cooked, (well done rather than the medium), and quite dry.  We had nice table of 7 and they were pleasant company.  We left a bit before 9:00, despite the entertainment, Ambrose being really good, as I was tired.  Ambrose is a C&W singer with a very good voice who uses soundtracks to accompany himself.  He sang a varied selection of C/W, Rock n’ Roll and other popular songs—lots of danceable tunes.   We stopped at Stater Bros on route home as we needed more cereal and Sheila hadn’t put it on my list to get earlier. I find I go to bed earlier down here because I get up to start the furnace and have my coffee & breakfast before going up for the 10 am WVB game.  Sheila stays up much later tidying, watching TV, recording her walking & other physical activity for the day and then, of course, sleeps later and doesn’t get to WVB until 11:00 AM or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment