Tuesday, April 16, 2013


Sun. Apr. 14 Day 94 Rain & showers off & on all day but clear, sunny & warm in Burlington

We pulled out of Kelso @ 10:45 @ 159481km.   Into a gas stop @ 12 noon @ 159577km, & out @ 12:15 PM.  Then we did a non-stop run to Camping World in Burlington arriving @ 2:40 PM @ 159788. Coming through Seattle on I 5 around noon on Sunday there was a traffic jam all the way through.  Why the hwy through downtown should be busy in the middle of a Sunday is a mystery.  At Camping World they have instituted some rules for staying here, 1 night if you are a Good Sam member, (unlimited if you are having work done).  As usual, some people spoiled it by staying several days & using it like a Wal-Mart free-parking lot, except it has power, plus water & a dump station are available on site.  Suits me fine! I used to worry that there won’t be space with people just pulling in or overstaying.  We went down to the Four Seasons Buffet for a lunch/dinner, it was great as usual.  Then we checked out Costco & Fred Meyer for some last minute groceries.  I discovered that the Costco here has the 2 year old Tillamook cheese and it is cheaper than at the factory in Tillamook!  There is a Costco in Bellingham that’s closer to the border, wonder if it has Tillamook cheese?  I filled the Focus with gas at Fred Meyer, and then we headed home to the RV for the night.  I looked at how much gas I put in since Hemet and it is just under $750.00 and right now I have about ¾ of a tank still.  Back at the RV, I tightened the screw on one of the bedroom blinds, (it was beginning to come down) and checked to see if I can replace the bulb in the microwave, (I can’t), so we’ll have to get C. World to do it.  Sheila went for a walk, phoned Judy Shaffer, and then organized the various items she’s bought for the girls.  It was a quiet, (no TV here) but productive evening for both of us.

Distance covered – 454km – 282mi

No comments:

Post a Comment