Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mon 13 April Day 92

  sunny in Bakersfield, still sunny in Modesto but high wind

Before we left Orange Grove RV Park Sheila wanted to go to the dried fruit & nuts store we’d been to in previous years so off she went.  She got back just after 11 AM and we hooked up the car & departed at 11:15 @ 39797 miles.  I drove non-stop to Modesto where there is an Elks with RV spots.  We had a strong following wind which probably helped the gas mileage and we pulled into the Elks at 3:25 @ 40009 miles.  We checked in at the bar where Sheila had their special Happy Hour drink, a Peach Blossom (?).  We were going to go out for supper but the car was at an angle where we were parked which usually jambs up the hitch pins.  I came back to the RV from the bar before Sheila and discovered that the car hitch was nice & loose, it had not tightened up from being slightly on an angle.  Now I contemplated whether to tell Sheila that we could go out after all.  I decided that if I didn’t she would be slightly miffed if she found out about the car being easily unhitchable, so I told her and we looked up restaurants in the GPS & found a Golden Corral buffet nearby.  They had 2 types of BBQ ribs plus delicious calamari and a multitude of other goodies.  After a nice supper we came back to the RV and I wound up the aerial to see if we could get ABC for D. with S. for Sheila. I got a lot of very crisp & clear stations but none that had the ABC logo. Then I had an idea! I looked up “Modesto ABC TV” on the internet. The Elks have WiFi & I can receive it in the RV.  Success!  Sheila got to watch her D. with Stars.  We get dozens of stations just using the aerial on the roof and it doesn’t seem to matter whether it, (the aerial) is up or down.  It does have that add-on piece that is supposed to pull in digital channels.

Distance – 212 miles – on road time – 4 hrs 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment