Monday, March 13, 2017

Day 23 Friday March 10



The TV forecast for the next while has highs over 80 F which is 28 to 30 C & up.  It cools at night into the mid to high 50’s, (14 to 16 C), but warms quickly once the sun is up so by 9:30 to 10:00 it is quite comfortable to be out in shorts & short sleeve shirt.  Sheila went off to try the ladies pool and I will meet her in the pool for the 10 AM water VB game. I phoned the ELKS to get St. Pats day tickets for Sat the 18th but neither line worked so I drove down & got them no problem and I also got their new phone numbers.  On the way back I stopped at a Stater Bros store, (they’re like a Safeway store), where I saw a TV Guide magazine.  I didn’t get it because they wanted $5.50 for it and it was a 2 week program and it only went to 17 March.  After I returned we went back east on Florida and south State Street to the giant discount liquor store. This is the store that the owner donates large amounts of liquor to events at GVP, he basically sets up a free bar with a large selection of assorted bottles.  On the way back we stopped at Pollo Loco for take out chicken for supper.  Then over to the Mocktail party at the cabana area near the pool where they had nachos & toppings & mixers, you just supply the booze.  I decided to try the shuffleboard so went over to the shuffleboard building.  It’s a $1.00 entry fee that all goes back as prizes. The team I was on (3 people) “won” a prize.  We came in last so we got our dollar back. Sheila said the Mocktail party was fun; they had live music playing so next week I will go there. Back to the RV before 10 PM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment