Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day 32 Sunday March19

Nice & sunny & hot but there is cooler weather in the forecast for next week.  Into the pool for fun at W VB.  Supper at the RV in the evening then the 3 of us went up to the Sunday night bridge game. I played with Judy & Sheila partnered Mel. Earlier in the day I had written out for Judy some basic opening bids as a memory jogger; the 5 card major opening, short club, No trump and not much else. She had played a lot in the past but at the Airport when we worked there. I assumed she would remember it all.  So what happened was that we were getting hands I even have never seen in all my years of playing.  One example was that I got an 8 card good heart suit with a spade void & a singleton and almost opening points. Judy was void in my hearts & had a 7 card suit in my void of spades. She kept going up in the bidding, (3 spades over 3 hearts, then 4 spades over 4 hearts), and we went down.  We had other stuff I have rarely if ever seen, it was a disaster, not her fault at all, and she had no idea what to do with my apparently weird bidding, like opening 3 hearts, as I had not mentioned pre-empt long suit bids.  The old KISS rule but I kept it too simple.

1 comment:

  1. If we ever play bridge with you guys again, I would need a refresher course in it, haha! I've forgotten more than I remember... 😳🙈

    Adeline

    ReplyDelete