Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mar 7 Mon - A storm passes through LA but not much here but a bit of rain, wind & colder temps.

Mar 7 Mon. overcast, windy, slightly cooler, forecast high 58 but I’m sure it’s higher

A fair wind blowing, it’s forecast for 16 mph or more so I went up for W.VB to see if anyone was there. Sure enough there were 15 or 16 people in the pool. In the warm water & low in the pool the wind isn’t too cooling at all but it sure pushes the ball around. We played to noon as usual, Sheila never did show up. She said she was cold just being outside. After the game she came over all dressed up while I was in the hot tub. She said she had swimsuit shopping to do so she left for that. I went over for the Majong lessons at 1 PM. It is played differently than we played with our old set years ago, and I think maybe even the tiles have different symbols, with, I think, different names. They call the various characters “bam, crack, flower, wind, dragon & soap”, (which is actually a white dragon but you have to call it soap, not dragon). It all seemed very confusing but they have lessons each Monday so I’ll try it again. After that I returned to the RV & Sheila was back with a “new” swim suit for me & her, one from Angel View thrift, one from Goodwill, & one from “the good ole Sally Ann.” We drove to Wal-Mart to check out GPS units & compare prices with Target. We came away with more questions than answers. Home for supper, then over to Cribbage. Sheila came 4th & won our $2.00 “entrance fee” back. By the end of the game the wind had dropped completely but it was still cold out. Back at the RV, we concentrated on the journal, accounts & Sheila’s activity list as there were no taped TV shows to watch because they were all repeats tonight. I wonder if the regular has ended already?

No comments:

Post a Comment