Thursday, February 22, 2018

Monday 19 February Day 32



Got up to a lot of sun but a lot of wind, it was 52 F at 9:30 and only 58 F at 11:30.  I skipped WVB today.   Sheila left a note to say last night she napped for an hour then watched the short program for ice dancing from 3 to 4:30 AM.  Yes, she has gone completely nuts; we will commit her when we return.  Yesterday Sheila’s phone was down to 10%, (we hadn’t charged it in a while and with not using it we aren’t watching it). So last night I charged it to 100%, this morning I looked at it just to check & it was down to 85%.  Just overnight with no use!  Is there something running on it we aren’t aware of or what?   I will have the experts, i.e. the younger generation; look at it when we return. Sheila finally up about noon.  I went out to get new light bulb for outside porch light but still won’t light.  At 4:30 we have the Fun club event White Elephant silent auction, (with dinner of course), we took a hot dish of assorted cans of chilli, it turned out good.  The items are displayed with a bidding paper where you just write down your bid and if someone raises it you can just write in another bid.  I bid on an electric toaster, $2.00 bid & got it, also bid on a set of measuring cups, 3 sizes 1 cup & down, that Sheila wanted, and I bid on an electric clip on fan, I had to go up but got it.  It will be really handy for hot weather as you can position it to blow right on you.  Sheila bid on 2 DVD’s, one of them the initial season of Barney Miller and she got a set of small seat cushions, for home use I think. We got everything for a total of $19.50.  Then back to the RV for Sheila to watch the ice dancing and me to work on the blog, oh yes, and do some of the supper dishes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment