Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 75 Tues Mar 27 Mesa Temps 9:30AM 68F (20C), 12:30PM 82F (28C), 6:30 PM 76F (24.5C)

I was not able to get reliable WiFi reception at our site last night so we followed someone’s advice & after breakfast we went to the ‘hotspot’ area--the entire clubhouse! We found an empty room and Sheila watched last night’s DWS show on the computer. With full screen on the computer it is almost the same as the TV. The TV is 21 inches diagonally & the laptop is 17 & commercials on the computer are much shorter. We had an early lunch in the RV, & then went to the pool for the scheduled noon Water Volleyball game. There was no game however, because all the players went to a nearby park to help get them started playing water volleyball. Maybe tomorrow we can play. While there, someone told us there might be a game today starting at 3 PM, so we will try again. Up by the pool the Cactus Grill starts serving food & the Tiki Hut is open for drinks from 4 to 6. We went over for a water volleyball game starting at 3 PM for a hour, and we joined in when they needed players. They don’t play the “3 passes” rule that GVP does, but it was still fun. Although they keep score it is played as a fun game. They have to end sharp at 4 PM because that’s when visiting grandchildren, and other children, can come into the pool and as it is Spring Break, there are lots of kids around. We ordered a light supper from the Cactus Grill & sat listening to the live music that also runs from 4 to 6. They have a popcorn machine continually churning out free popcorn and the Tiki Hut sells fancy cocktails as well as mixed drinks, beer, wine & soda, (pop). On route back to the RV I stopped at the computer room to see it I could find a TV guide with channels & times on it. However the computers were MACS. No Google; no “where to input a search.” I type in TV Guide & it just says “site not found”--no list, nothing! I don’t think much of MACS--give me my PC anyday! There is a large screen TV in the office/reception area and after the office closes, they do not lock the doors and never seem to close it up, so Sheila went in & watched the DwS results show. Programs are on 1 hour early here so even though we are on the same time as the west coast, shows start 1 hour early. While Sheila was watching the show I went back to attack the MAC & see if I could figure it out. It had an icon saying Firefox. I pushed it and finally, in a crowded screen, I saw a small short icon with little letters saying, “google” where I could type. I got onto the internet finally. Another complaint about Mac computers is--that to close a site you have to find the tiny coloured dot in the upper left corner and find the one the shows a faint tiny “x” when you put the mouse pointer over it. Thank Heaven for PC’s!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! I have to laugh at your Mac Adventures, Bren... I'd give you a tutorial if we owned one but we don't since they're generally more expensive than PCs due to their better quality. =P

    Sheila, doesn't this season of DWTS have a higher level of talent than the last several seasons have had? Michael and I think so.

    ReplyDelete