Sunday, February 24, 2013


Sat Feb 23 Day 45   60F/15½C @ 10 AM & @ 4:30PM

I went up for water volleyball, got there about 10:15 & already they had split into 2 pools, Sheila arrived later & played in a different pool than me.  At noon I did the hot tub & shower deal while Sheila did some pool walking and then went back to the RV. I stayed at the Cabana & had lunch & listened to music; today they had a girl that played steel drums.  Then at 1 pm a second volleyball game was started, so I joined in on that too and played till 3:15.  Sheila joined in a bit later & left early. Then, shower again, dry off & back to the RV to get ready to head out with Larry & Judy to supper at the ‘Hibachi Grill & Super Buffet’ we found the other day at ‘Farmer’s Corner” @ Menlo & San Jacinto.  They opened 3 months ago. When we got there we got a table and within 20 minutes there were people lined up & waiting for tables, even though it is a big place.  We just timed it right!  They have a huge assortment of Asian & American food with lots of seafood, (although the raw oysters did have a warning sign about not eating them if you have immune system problems – I only ate 2), and a Mongolian Grill set up where they cook your choices for you.  All for the one price of $9.45 for seniors.   After supper we came back to Larry & Judy’s RV and played Bridge for a cpl of hours or so.  Sheila was the big winner.  She won while playing with Larry, and again while playing with Judy.

3 comments:

  1. Bren, you have an immune system problem?? And ha, you really fool them with the seniors prices, eh? I bet they expect seniors to have small appetites! =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only ate 2 because I was busy eating all their other shrimps, prawns, calamari, mussels (plain & with a cheese sause), My immune system problem is that I am NOT immune to filling up and not being able to eat more - - I never even made it to the Mongolie grill part!!!!

      Delete
  2. Yum! Lol, well, guess you'll have to go back to try again. =P

    ReplyDelete