Saturday, February 16, 2013


Thurs. Feb. 14     53F/11½C @ 8:45AM,      70F/21C @ 5:00PM

Valentines Day.  After I got up and came out to make my coffee I found a large red shopping bag and a card for me. Then I got Sheila’s card out with the 2 packets of English Toffee I had got for her at the Farmers Market – she really likes it!  She also really liked the card I got her.  She gave me 2 nice SS shirts to go with my brown swimsuit, 4 mini, (250 ml), bottles of Martinelli’s sparkling apple cider, a gift card for See’s chocolate and a small cream filled chocolate heart.  After breakfast we headed up to water volleyball. The sun is out and it is warming up nicely.  After the game they had good entertainers playing at the Palms Cabana so I stayed for lunch.  I sat enjoying the sun & the music till they ended at 2PM.  Then Judy Shaffer arrived at the pool with her daughter Brenda, son in law Mark & grandson Kyle.  Judy had arranged for us & some of the morning volleyball people to come by in the afternoon so she could have a game involving her family.  We played till 4, sat in the hot tub and then went home. Sheila had seen an ad for the Anchor Pub that has Jello shots at 4 for $2.50 from 3PM to 9PM, so we will drive down to investigate.  Well, Sheila tried the Jello shots, they were OK, nothing special and hard to get out of the small plastic cup they came in which held less then an ounce.  We also had a few appetizers and then came home for R & R and watching TV in the RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment