Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sat 14 Feb Day 35



Up and away to the Water VB game (10 to noon).  Then Hot Tub for 20 – 25 minutes, then over to the showers before they close for cleaning.  Back to the RV for lunch and just to relax around the RV before the Pool Party starts at 4 PM. Sheila had to go out to a nail appt to fix her nails that were growing out. While waiting I figured out that the generator uses 0.7 USG of gas per hour, that is if I figured it out right. I will send Ken & Michael a separate email on how I figured it out to see if it is correct. The pool party has a Beach Boys tribute band, named “Wave” something for entertainment, free beer & and a restaurant there to sell burgers to eat, that’s the only thing you need to spend money on there.  It runs to 6 PM. They do have a lemonade made up that I drink at all their events where they are supplying the drinks and Sheila is going to try mixing lemonade with beer to make a Shandy. We went to the pool area a bit before admission time of 4:00 and there was quite a crowd, (the entire pool and patio area, except for a small area for dancing were covered with people sitting in chairs.) I guess the free beer was a big draw.  We took our chairs as requested by GVP and set up by the pool, front & centre.  No one sat in front of us so we had great seats for the show.  The Beach Boys group was really good; they mentioned that they had just finished a Caribbean cruise.  They had lemonade for me to drink but Sheila’s Shandys didn't work out because the lemonade wasn't strong enough to mask the beer taste. They started to play & we got up first number & were the first on the floor, well, first on the concrete pool deck anyway.  The band was very good—they really sounded like the real Beach Boys so there were a lot of people up dancing, including us. Sheila got a burger which came with beans & we split it. The party went till just after 6:00 when it was now dark.  Then it was back to the RV for the evening.

PS I found a way to make captions visible.  I don't make the pictures larger and when you click on the picture it goes to full screen same as before. I can edit previous pictures to make captions readable. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, I noticed that your last couple of photo posts had smaller photos and complete captions and I wondered if that was something you did on purpose! How did you figure it out?
    It's been awhile since I last saw you both dancing, I guess no one videoed it, eh?
    I don't know why you'd want to ruin lemonade with beer, ugh...

    ReplyDelete