Tuesday, March 5, 2013


Mon Mar 4 Day 54   62F/16½C @ 10:30AM,  66F/19C @ 1:15PM,  68F/20C @ 2:15PM

I went up to play in the pool while Sheila stayed to do assorted jobs and she will go up to the pool later to do her running in deep water exercise.  She’s not going to return to water V.Ball until she’s sure she’s clear of any viruses.  I had lunch at the cabana listening to music.  In the afternoon I relaxed in the RV reading a book we got at the Palm Springs Library “The Complete Sherlock Holmes Volume 1” It is over 700 pages so I don’t know what could possibly have been left for Volume 2.  That book and two others—all in equally pristine condition came from the ‘Book Nook’ store at the library.  It sells used library books & donated books to raise money for the library’s programs.  The 3 books we bought cost the princely sum of $2.00 total!  When she went out, Sheila left me a list of jobs – “clean mirrors, sweep/vacuum floors & wash lino” – that took less than ½ an hour.  Sheila went out to look for some more decorations she wanted for our St Pat’s Dinner event plus some items we needed.  After supper I went up to the crib games from 7 to 9 PM. I did really well in the first 3 games, only 2 points of a perfect score then in the final game I only got 92, (just over the skunk line), which dropped me down to 4th place so I just won my dollar back.  Sheila was feeling tired after her shopping, so chose to stay in the RV and watch TV.  She’s discovered the “TV Land” station which is re-runs of the top sit-coms.  Tonight, for instance she watched & enjoyed 1 “Mash”, 2 “Cosby” and 1 “Raymond” show.  We also both watched 2 “Hot in Cleveland” shows. We had a Skype call from Michael & Adeline to wish Sheila Happy Birthday. Sheila really enjoys seeing Mikaela & Erica, we just wish the connection was better so we don’t keep losing the call and having a sometimes fuzzy picture & periodic delayed or loss of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment