Thursday, March 21, 2013


Mon. Mar. 18 Day 68    47F/9C @ 9AM,   76F/24C @ 2:30PM

Overcast again but it cleared out by-mid morning for a lovely warm day.  After our volleyball game & hot tub I had lunch at the cabana listening to Larry Stevens.  Sheila stopped & listened for awhile before returning to the RV to have a low calorie lunch. On way back I stopped to talk with Graeme & Joanne & plan our supper out tonight at the Steer & Stein.  We decided to walk over.  When we got there, I discovered that the price had gone up to $16.99 for the 16 ounce steak dinner, (includes soup or salad, choice of potato & garlic bread), so I mentioned to the waiter that the price had gone up from $13.99 last year. When we got our bill the steak was only $15.99.  Proving that it pays to complain about being ripped off, charging $16.99 for the 16 ounce steak dinner, outrageous!!  Then when I got back to the RV I looked up last year and discovered that dinner was actually $15.99 last year and I had noted then that it went up $1.00 from 2011, when it was $14.99. So the $13.99 price was probably from several years ago. Sometimes a bad memory works out well. It’s still a reasonable deal. We have to have early supper, (5 PM), so that Sheila & Joanne could be back to watch “Dancing with the Stars”, the 2 hour premiere episode, while I get to go visit with Graeme in their 5th wheel.  I came back to the RV at 10:00 for Castle.

 

1 comment:

  1. Sheila, what's with all the low-cal lunches? Saving "room" for dinners?

    ReplyDelete