Monday, March 23, 2015

Fri 20 Mar Day 68

8 am 60 F clear & sunny, hot in the PM


Sheila got up too late for Zumba so she practiced billiards with the ladies billiards group then went over to the pool.  I stopped at the weight room to check my weight and found that I have gained 2 lbs from several weeks age.  OK, no more BBQ Rib dinners, cut out treats, skip lunches - - - maybe.  Anyway, we had a good game then over to the cabana for the music, (Michelle Murray). She remembered that I liked Patsy Cline songs and did a couple.  Sheila & I split a pulled BBQ beef on a hamburger bun.  You had to eat it with a knife & fork, it was so juicy & good!!!  We are off to the Elks Dinner Dance tonight, 4 to 9:30.  We are going with Graham & Joanna Jarvis, (Graham I know from the post office & Customs), and Ray & Wendy who are in the volleyball group & come from Coquitlam.  We had a nice dinner--the prime rib was great, a good sized piece and for $14.00 included the salad bar & a soup bar that offered the proper clam chowder, which was very good.  The music was great, we danced a lot and everyone had a good time.  We were home by 9:45.

2 comments:

  1. Which do you consider a proper clam chowder? I prefer the white myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white, naturally. I don't even consider the red stuff clam chowder.

    ReplyDelete