Monday, March 11, 2019

Day 54 March 8 Friday


A bit of sun peeking through clouds but mild so off to WVB, Sheila was still nursing her perm and fast asleep in bed.  I don’t know if the perm was an excuse to sleep in or not.  We still have enough people here to split into two pools with 12 in each pool but some of the people that come down in October or November are heading home, some to cold climates & snow.  A wind came up that was a bit gusty so I was glad Sheila was back at the RV in case the awning needed rolling up a bit.  If the wind gets too high, over 20-25 mph, it can flip your awning over the top of the RV which basically destroys the awning, an expensive fix. After the game & hot tub I came back to the RV & Sheila was up and making lunch, (I think it was breakfast for her). The sun came out in full and the wind dropped for a nice afternoon.  Tonight is Mocktails night so we are off to indulge in Taco chips with hot cheese, chili/beef sauce and any add-ins you can possibly think of, plus they have hot coffee & hot chocolate for me, Sheila has her Fireball whiskey.  They have the large heaters & fire stands & I had a large heater behind me so I could feel the heat on my head if I leaned back a little but there was a very slight breeze & I got freezing cold fingers after an hour of so.  I returned home & left Sheila to enjoy the music, it was really good, but my hands & fingers were really cold, the rest of me was OK, just fingers were freezing.  It was a clear night so the temp may have dipped quite low.  Sheila came back to the RV about an hour or so later.  She stopped to look up something in the clubhouse computers.  Back at the RV I found the special remote and finally figured out how to play a DVD on our TV so we watched a couple of episodes of “Barney Miller” as we had a DVD with the first season on it, (1974).  In talking with RV’ers that have been travelling around the south west this winter, all of southern CA as well Arizona, (Yuma), & south Nevada have been having colder weather than normal for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment